This post has been a long time coming.
Exactly one month ago, I was nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award by the fabulous, Lace Winter. Then, less than two weeks later, I was nominated again by the marvelous, Felicity Johns. I am beyond touched that these ladies chose to include me in their nominations alongside so many other amazing bloggers, a few of whom I’ve come to consider blogger-buddies of my own.
I must admit, I was a little (okay, a lot) intimidated by this award. Having only launched this lil’ ole’ blog exactly three months ago, I’m constantly blown away by the quantity and quality of fiction, poetry, and personal narrative being posted by those who’ve been at it much longer. It’s both daunting and inspiring, but I wouldn’t have it any other way. By engaging with one another’s work, we push each other to be better. I’ve learned so much since I set forth on this blogging journey and I’m grateful to each and every friend, unbeknownst mentor, and follower who has chosen to come along for the ride.
So, first, an introduction to the remarkable women who’ve so graciously nominated me:
Lace is an aspiring romance novelist who has quickly become one of my most cherished blogger-buddies. I can always count on her for a thoughtful, insightful comment and a sexy, sensual read. I’m a huge fan of her flash fiction, poetry, and general writer-musings, and always look forward to reading excerpts from her novel-in-progress, Switch, and her current, shorter project, Partners and Crime, both of which I strongly urge you to check out. She’s a genuine, longtime fan of the erotica and erotic romance genres, and it shows in both her knowledge and execution of the craft. Thank you so much for the nomination, Lace. It’s been a true pleasure getting to know you and your work.
Felicity writes dark, sensual, passionate poetry and prose. I am constantly blown away by her level of mastery and boundless creativity. While I can’t recall exactly how I stumbled upon her blog, I do remember thinking, “Wow. This is definitely one to watch.” At its core, her work is primal, vulnerable, and deeply relatable. She’ll soon be joining the ranks of the self-published with her debut ebook, Erotic Passages. Be sure to follow her so that you can snag a copy for yourself. Thank you so very much for the nomination, Felicity.
All right. So, the rules for the One Lovely Blog Award are as follows:
You must list the rules to the One Lovely Blog Award (Like this).
You must thank the person(s) who nominated you and include a link to their blog (Done and done).
You must add seven facts about yourself (See below).
You must nominate 15 other bloggers and let them know they have been nominated (See below).
You must display the award logo and follow the blogger who nominated you (Done and way ahead of you!).
Oh, dear. I’m afraid my personal life isn’t nearly as exciting as my fiction, but them’s the rules, so here are seven facts you might not know about me:
1. My pie crust always comes out tender, flaky, and perfect. (The secret ingredient: booze, of course!)
2. I love to sing and have been told that I have a pleasant singing voice, but you won’t hear it unless I’m really comfortable around you.
3. I have difficulty envisioning my characters from scratch, so I tend to use celebrity (usually actor) visages when crafting fiction.
4. When I was sixteen, I had maxillofacial surgery in which my top jaw was broken, moved forward, and then screwed into place in order to correct a rather severe under-bite. The first thing I mumbled to my mother upon seeing my swollen, post-surgical face in the hospital bathroom mirror was, “Look, mom, I have porn star lips.”
5. I could eat Japanese food, especially sushi, every day for the rest of my life and not get sick of it.
6. I adore boots, especially the high-heeled, over-the-calf variety. Yeah, I know, they’re bad for my feet, but paired with a short skirt or skin-tight jeans, they make my legs look awesome.
7. I’m terrified of spiders and I can’t stand flies, but I love snakes and rats and mice and other misunderstood critters, including seagulls, pigeons, racoons, and skunks (at a safe distance).
Now, onto the nominations! First, I’d like to state that being nominated does not require you to participate. I am simply listing bloggers whose work I’ve come to eagerly anticipate and admire. If I’ve included you in this list, it means that I think you are deserving of recognition and want to share your brilliance with my little corner of the Internet. I do not automatically follow everyone who follows me, so including you here means that I genuinely appreciate your content and look forward to seeing your posts in my feed.
Again, do not feel that you need to participate or even acknowledge this nomination. My love for your blog is unconditional and without expectation. (Plus, I would bet that at least a few of you have been nominated for this award more than once.)
First, my fellow sex, erotica, and romance bloggers (some of which may be NSFW) in alphabetical order:
These next four bloggers straddle the lines between the romantic, erotic, and platonic. Some write poetry while others dabble in experimental prose. All of whom write bravely, passionately, and wholeheartedly:
Again, please do not feel obligated to accept this award. I’m simply expressing my appreciation and gratitude for all that you do.